[kde-linux] what distryo for kde and multimedia use

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 01:16:55 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 8:38 am, noskule wrote:
> hi list
> one more question. What linux distro you would recomend for use with
> kde. So for me there are two issues which are important. Cause of
> webdesign I need access to files over network, ssh ftp and windows
> network, so that I could edit them directly. This way I chose kde over
> gnome. For some weeks I start to check out soundtools, hydrogen, pd,
> jack(very cool) to run on my computer, video editting will follow.
> Unfortunality ubuntu seams to have realy timing problems, it (at the
> moment) not made for realtime processing, and to schange this it seams
> to be to hard for "not technical users". What distro you would use for
> the above usecase, ore what distro could be used with kde and is made
> for multimedia use?
> thanks for any hints.
I find Debian (testing/unstable) to be good for KDE. It's not quite as easy to
use as Ubuntu, but still not too hard. I haven't tried it myself, but it may
be worth looking into DeMuDi (http://demudi.agnula.org/). I understand it has
the kernel patched to improve audio performance.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/