[kde-linux] what distryo for kde and multimedia use

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 20:38:13 UTC 2006

hi list
one more question. What linux distro you would recomend for use with
kde. So for me there are two issues which are important. Cause of
webdesign I need access to files over network, ssh ftp and windows
network, so that I could edit them directly. This way I chose kde over
gnome. For some weeks I start to check out soundtools, hydrogen, pd,
jack(very cool) to run on my computer, video editting will follow.
Unfortunality ubuntu seams to have realy timing problems, it (at the
moment) not made for realtime processing, and to schange this it seams
to be to hard for "not technical users". What distro you would use for
the above usecase, ore what distro could be used with kde and is made
for multimedia use?
thanks for any hints.
nos