[kde-linux] problem with deleting and konqueror

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 20:05:41 UTC 2006

Bram Schoenmakers schrieb:

>Op zaterdag 29 april 2006 21:26, schreef noskule:
>
>Hi,
>

>>wow now i have 2gb space :-), it seams to me that there never were
>>somthing deleted since I did the installation of the system. What  could
>>I do? Whats the problem there?
>>

>Let me introduce you to the trash bin, trash bin, this is noskule :)
>When you point Konqueror to trash:/ you'll see the contents of the trash.
>Unfortunately, the trash keeps all your 'deleted' files until you manually
>delete them forever.
>
>To delete files immediately, use the Shift-Delete combo on files.

oky, I could reproduce it. If I open trash:/ in konqueror I see previous
deleted files. If I delete them there they are gone.
But: If I do right mousebutton on the trashicon in the "kontrollleiste"
and say "Mülleimer lehren" (empty trash) so the files disapear in the
trashview in konqueror put dont ! get deletetd. So it seams to me that
dis is not the way it sould be. Is it like this? If yes, could this be
changed that its realy deletes the files like it suggests?

>And while talking about the trash and it's disk usage, I wrote a script [1]
>which automatically removes all files older than 14 days in the trash. Make
>sure you run this periodically (e.g. in a cronjob to run it on a daily basis
>on the background).
>
>[1] http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38346

cool, I did install it, so I guess Im protected against trashproblems
now, thanks very much