[kde-linux] regarding Menu Entries when you right click

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Fri Apr 21 15:01:00 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 20 april 2006 10:30, schreef Chakkaradeep C C:

Hi,

> I want to have my own menu entries if i right click a launcher to an
> application in the Desktop. For example, if i add a device icon - a
> unmounted cdrom, in the desktop and right click, i get only few entries
> there. I need a similar thing.
>
> I tried adding Action entries in the .desktop file, but it adds entries to
> Actions area only. The other entries like Cut,Copy,Rename come there. How
> to hide them and show only two or three options in the menu entry.And also
> Service Menus would add our entries depending upon the mime-type. So i am
> able to come up with a solution.
>
> I would be happy if people could help me out.

Check the attached desktop file I ripped from kdesvn. It probably does a bit
what you're looking for. Lines 4 and 6 do the trick. But it's not possible to
generate custom menus in Konqueror (e.g. hiding items).

Personally, I'm not really fond of this kind of these top level items.
Remember the Windows context menus when you installed several applications?
It gets a mess if everyone adds items to the toplevel menu.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
  (Punch, 1855)