[kde-linux] could not start kdeinit

Mark Ness mark at noneinc.us
Thu Apr 20 07:08:31 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded from kde3.5.1x to 3.5.2, through the kde-redhat repo
(I got
tired of waiting for Fedora updates repo) and Ive been getting this
message at
kde startup ever since ...
Could not start kdeinit. Please check your installation. It will just
sit there until
I click ok, then kde loads up with no problems whatsoever.

I have seen this message before I beleive with MDK10. I am now using
fedora 5
(upgraded from Fedora 3). I have noticed /slight /differences between
kde-redhat
and fedora releases of kde (tool tips are different, menus are different
maybe a
couple of other things) but I don't no if those differences could lead
to this problem.
Maybe I should have waited for Fedora to release the 3.5.2, but I was
getting
impatient. How can I get rid of this message?
I've been looking for the answer for a about a week, but I honestly
don't exactly
know what to look for so I come to you. I have found similar posts but
they lead
me to believe kde wouldn't start (aborting, or check install and try
again), whereas
mine does start just fine. (It's very annoying having a "false neg error
message and
hitting ok for the load to coninue)