[kde-linux] Counting words in Kate

Luciano ES luc-kde at braziliantranslation.net
Fri Apr 14 10:49:43 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:39, kde-linux-request at kde.org wrote:

> Go Settings->Configure Kate->Application->External tools.
> Click New..., enter 'Count selected words' for the title and the following
> for  script:
> COUNT=$(echo "%selection" | wc -w)
> kdialog --title "Word count" --msgbox "$COUNT words are selected."
> Choose an icon if you like, then press OK twice.
> Now you can use Tools->External Tools->Count selected words on the menu.
********************************

That does not work for me at all. When I select Tools->External Tools->Count
selected words on the menu, the new option is not there.

Moreover, the whole set of external tools that was already there appears
*twice*.

I tried again, the new option is not there and the whole set of external tools
that was already there appears *three times*.

If I try it again, the set of external tools will be there four times, without
my new option. Until I restart Kate. Then the set of external tools appears
just once again. But my new option is still not there.

KDE 3.5.0, Slack 10.2

--
Luciano ES
Santos, SP - Brasil