[kde-linux] Compile Error -- kdemultimedia 3.5.2

Jacob Jennings bloodofanubis at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 15:38:24 UTC 2006

Hello, I am compiling KDE 3.5.2 on Gentoo Linux from
source using the konstruct build tool. Everything goes
smoothly until I try to compile the kdemultimedia
package, at which point the compilation receives the
following (uppermost) error on mpeglib_artsplug which
I have googled but cannot decipher:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [libarts_mpeglib.la] Error 1

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for any help in
advance.
            --Jacob