[kde-linux] special application window too big for screen

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Apr 9 00:01:25 UTC 2006

Charlie Bradley wrote:
> when I use KDE>system settings>printers the window is too big for my monitor
> (sony lcd flat screen 728x1024).   The buttons at the bottom of the window
> are "hidden" so that I can not use them (defaults, administrator mode, etc.
> etc.).  In order to access these buttons Ihave to use the <no border> option.
> I have tried using the special application settings dialogue to adjust the
> geometry of the window but nothing seems to work.

Since this works for me, I presume that it must be a configuration
issue.  I have my X resolution set at 100 DPI which is correct for an
image diagonal of 12.8 inches.  So, I have the resolution set to a
figure which is only slightly higher than the actual resolution of my 15
inch screen.

If you screen is larger and you are setting the resolution indirectly,
the DPI would be lower so this should work.  However, if something is
wrong and the DPI is set too high, the fonts will get larger and this
might cause the dialog not to fit on the screen.

IAC, you can hold down the ALT key and hold down mouse button 1 (left
for right handed) and drag the dialog box to get to the buttons.

--
JRT