[kde-linux] no sound

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 18 12:22:10 UTC 2005

This question may carry me beyond KDE, but I'll ask it. I just upgraded to
Slackware 10.2, which includes KDE 3.4.2. I now have no sound. Arts starts
without errors. I have experimented with every sliding bar there is in Kmix.
The same thing with Alsamixer. All of the modules for my soundcard are loaded
in the kernel. When I start sound apps from the command line, I don't see any
errors. Indeed, the apps seem to be playing the files. There just isn't any
sound. This is kernel 2.6.13.  If anybody has any ideas, I would love to hear
them.