[kde-linux] curses and konsole

Eric Guirbal eric.guirbal at cegetel.net
Fri Sep 16 21:43:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm working on a front end to a MySQL database using python and the module
curses. But I have a little display problem with Konsole. More precisely,
when I apply the border method, between each character _ one blank space is
inserted. I checked the variable $TERM I think my program is clear because
the same display problem occur with Midnight Commander. By a similar problem
posted on a debian list I've tried

import locale
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL)

without success. On the other hand, it is ok in a xterm or rxvt terminal. I
use python 2.3, ncuses 5.3 and Konsole 1.2.3 (KDE 3.1.3) and my
system is in iso-8859-15. All clue is welcome.
Thanks.

--
Eric Guirbal