[kde-linux] ACPI setting and my computer

Dan Maday danmaday at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 18:40:54 UTC 2005

I have a PC chips motherboard model M863G with a SiS 741GX/963 chipset.

I am running KDE 3.4 under Fedora Core 4.

In my BIOS should ACPI Aware OS be enabled or disabled?

What about Power Management, Suspend mode etc?

Thanks
After a while of no activity - maybe an hour - my monitor shuts off  and my PC locks. It's like an automatic shutdown in Windows triggered by Power management.

I have a PC chips motherboard model M863G with a SiS 741GX/963 chipset.

I am running KDE 3.4 under Fedora Core 4.

In my BIOS should ACPI Aware OS be enabled or disabled? My system shuts down no matter what I set this to.

What about Power Management, Suspend mode etc?

Thanks

Dan maday