[kde-linux] kde 3.1

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 13 09:03:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 03:50, Dave Nebinger wrote:
> If it's an IDE-based drive, it will show up as /dev/hda, /dev/hdb,
> /dev/hdc, or /dev/hdd depending upon whether it is the primary master
> (hda), primary slave (hdb), secondary master (hdc), or secondary slave
> (hdd).

Additionally one has to remember that ZIP-disks are partitioned quite weirdly,
they have their data on partition 4
I have an internal IDE ZIP drive on secondary IDE slave, mounting a disk would
be done like
#> mount /dev/hdd4 /mnt

This is of course the most basic option, you can add it to the /etc/fstab
configuration manually or through a setup tool and create a device icon on
the desktop, etc

Cheers,
Kevin

--