[kde-linux] My screensaver never activates

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 7 14:40:08 UTC 2005

vytas wrote:
> Just make time before display goes of longer. I run Mandriva with KDE
> and i can acomplish this by right clicking on desktop>Configure
> Desktop..>Display>choose Power Control tab and set it as i like.
>

> Larry Alkoff wrote:
>

>>How can I get the screensaver to activate and stay on.
>>
>>My screensaver seems to never activate although it's set to come on in
>>20 minutes in Control Center Appearence & Themes > Screensaver.
>>What I get is a black screen after some timeout (10-15 minutes).
>>
>>The only way I can get it started at all is to put
>>the cursor on the top right corner of the screen and
>>wait approx 10 seconds.  Screensaver will then start but reverts to a
>>black screen after the timeout.
>>
>>Advanced options > Autolock is set to on for Upper right corner.
>>Require password to stop and Make aware of power management are _not_
>>checked.

My desktop>Configure > Desktop..>Display>choose Power Control tab
is set for:
Enable display power management - NOT checked

These are greyed out unless Enable checked above:
Standbye after		Disabled
Suspend after		30 min
Power off after		60 min

It appears I should not be getting any display power management at all.
  How are yours setup?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX