[kde-linux] Simultaneous sessions

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 19:47:54 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 Sep 2005 20:38, Werner Joss wrote:

> just to add my 0.02 € -
> I just tried this feature for the first time :) - I'm able to start a
> new session
> (used my wife's account to check) and switch forth and back using
> ctrl-alt-f7, ctrl-alt-f8 respectively, as mentioned.
Is that using 'startx', 'startkde' or something else?  Neither of these
worked for me.

> however, the sound system gets messed up somehow, as kradio is left in
> an undefined state, giving just some background noise in both sessions.
> could be a kradio problem.
> btw., I'm on kde 3.4.2 here, gentoo linux.

I think this is 3.4.0, which again points to the likelihood of it being
something in preparation.  In kontact, for instance, I have a menu entry
for Synchronisation, but I don't think anything can be done with it yet.
Ah well, all to look forward to ;-)