[kde-linux] Simultaneous sessions

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Tue Sep 6 19:38:32 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 20:46, the famous Anne Wilson scribbeled on a
piece of electronic paper:
> Doesn't make much sense to me :-)  One user has a session, and I can't
> start another session - I tried ctrl-alt-F2, logged in as another user,
> then tried to start X, but couldn't - so switching users is simply not an
> option.  All very strange, unless this snapshot catches part-way through
> another development.  It has been said that the Club release was a cooker
> snapshot, so maybe that's what happened.

just to add my 0.02 € -
I just tried this feature for the first time :) - I'm able to start a new
session
(used my wife's account to check) and switch forth and back using ctrl-alt-f7,
ctrl-alt-f8 respectively, as mentioned.
however, the sound system gets messed up somehow, as kradio is left in an
undefined state, giving just some background noise in both sessions.
could be a kradio problem.
btw., I'm on kde 3.4.2 here, gentoo linux.

werner