[kde-linux] KDE 3.5, beta2 very slow (moments os freezing) with suse 10.0

António Rodrigues Tomé artome at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:10:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

        I've upgrading to KDE 3.5 beta2 from  KDE 3.5, beta1 which had not
given me any problem.
       but with the 3.5  beta 2 I got very frequent instants of freezing where
everthing seems to stop (moving windows, selecting menus, etc, etc,..) as if
the system were very overloading, this happened in two different computers,
with the same hardware.

I'm using Suse 10.0  (the system stoped for 5 seconds three times when this
line was being written).

I've downloaded the binary packages from

  ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/kde/unstable/3.5-beta2/SuSE/ix86/10.0/

Probably it is some kind of weird coincidence resulting from the old
configuration files. Has anyone else experienced this behavior (this is not a
bug so I cannot repport it)

my best regards,

--
António Rodrigues Tomé