[kde-linux] kdm problem..

Joey Prewett joespower at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 04:18:22 UTC 2005

Hello all, I'm new to the list...

I'm having a problem with kdm.  Normally, I use KDE,
but recently I have aquired a device that will need a
much lighter weight desktop to function.  I wanted to
test out Matchbox WM, so I downloaded it using
kynaptic (I use Kubuntu 5.04).  Everything went fine,
and the kdm documentation says that it should
automatically show up as a session option in kdm.  It
doesn't.  I checked /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions and
it has a matchbox.desktop file, so what gives?

Here's the Matchbox link if someone needs it:

http://projects.o-hand.com/matchbox/

Joey