[kde-linux] which remote desktop system

nexyufuli evo noskule at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 15:23:59 UTC 2005

James White schrieb:

>On October 14, 2005 09:18 am, nexyufuli evo wrote:
>

>>* what solution would you recommend?
>>* could there be more than one user  logged in  at the same time?
>>* do i have to run the server with a kde session or could it run in a
>>shell session?
>>

>KDE comes with a VNC client.  So it's a no-brainer.
>
>You click you K-Menu and choose "Desktop Sharing (Krfb)" and do your local
>setup.  This is actually a VNC server I believe and can be accessed by any
>VNC client software.
>
>But you don't NEED any other software because to access the remote PC, you
>just use the built-in KDE CLIENT software: K-Menu->Internet->Remote Desktop
>Connection (Krdc).
>
>It is the easiest system I have ever seen.  And it's already installed most
>likely.

hm, I checked it out, but there seams to me one major problem. If I
start a session, the server opens a window wich is asking the server
user if he wants to allow the session. But there wille be noone there.
Exept of this it seams to work without problems in a lan. (Couldnt test
it over the net.)

Now I found in the login screen, that there are diffrent session to
choose. Shell, local login but also remote login with xdmcp. Coud this
be an alternative, and what dos it concretly? I found with google
somthing like x11 session over ssh. I dont understand the pros and cons
right know, but do a x11 session over ssh, I personaly would prever?

Is this a good idea, cause it works with ssh, it seams secure, but I
have no clue about the performance over the internet, ah did read this:
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/XoverSSH/X-over-SSH2.html

there seams also to exist a solution for vnc over ssh.

Are there any expiriance / hints with one of those solutions?