[kde-linux] which remote desktop system

James White james at resolutionit.ca
Fri Oct 14 13:53:04 UTC 2005

On October 14, 2005 09:18 am, nexyufuli evo wrote:

> * what solution would you recommend?
> * could there be more than one user  logged in  at the same time?
> * do i have to run the server with a kde session or could it run in a
> shell session?

KDE comes with a VNC client.  So it's a no-brainer.

You click you K-Menu and choose "Desktop Sharing (Krfb)" and do your local
setup.  This is actually a VNC server I believe and can be accessed by any
VNC client software.

But you don't NEED any other software because to access the remote PC, you
just use the built-in KDE CLIENT software: K-Menu->Internet->Remote Desktop
Connection (Krdc).

It is the easiest system I have ever seen.  And it's already installed most
likely.

--
James White

Impeach, impeach, impeach, impeach...
This time it's not just about a cigar-tube and an assistant!
     --- James White

You can rate my performance at:
http://rate.affero.net/frozenJim/ResolutionIT.ca/