[kde-linux] compatibility MP3-player

John Layt john at layt.net
Tue Oct 4 22:03:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:23, vaheideh at cms.hu-berlin.de wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am considering changing from windows to linux (most probably Suse 9.2 or
> 9.3)
> But not all hardware (like printers etc.) are compatible with linux. Does
> anybody know if USB2.0 MP3-players have this problem aswell, and if, does
> anybody know if I can use the Creative Labs Zen Nano with linux SuSe?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Helmer

Depends on the player.  If the player supports USB Mass Storage (UMS), then
yes Linux will support it.  However an increasing number of players only
support a M$ proprietary format called MTP that only works under WinXP with
WMP and all their DRM garbage.

The Creative web-site isn't clear, talking about USB2 Drag-and-Drop, but an
Amazon reviewer mentions it is and they have it working under Linux.

John.