[kde-linux] artsd crashing

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Mon Nov 21 00:37:46 UTC 2005

Hello again,

Some time ago I posted about problems with artsd, but got no respons
so here I try again...

The problem is that artsd crashes with with sigsegv. This is valid for
kde 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.5B2 and 3.5RC1 compiled from source on an
uptodate fc4 i386 system.

If I compile (and install) only arts, kdelibs and kdebase artsd runs
just fine and can be started and stoped an unlimited number of times.
However, as soon as I compile and install kdemultimedia artsd starts
to crash again. So I have removed gstreamer, mpg123, oggvorbis, xine
and akode so that no plugins for them are compiled. Unfortunately
that didn't help and I don't know what to do next...

Anyone got some idea what to do now?

Regards
Jan
--