[kde-linux] Font problems with firefox in KDE 3.5 (SVN)

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Nov 17 02:45:06 UTC 2005

Morten O. Hansen wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with the fonts that firefox uses (now in the
> rendering, but the application itself).

> I have all my fonts set to 8, and when firefox starts, all the application
> fonts are 10, but if i first start the gnome-control-center and then start
> the font-chooser the fonts in firefox are now the correct size. (if i restart
> firefox). Is this a well-known problem? I dont have this problem with other
> GTK/GNOME applications (tried gaim / gimp and glade-2).

> Any suggestions how to fix this?

> ( using KDE 3.5 from SVN and debian stable )

People on the Fedora, Mandriva and SuSE lists have been complaining
about this for quite some time, but I've yet to see a satisfactory
solution anywhere. It doesn't bother me, because I find the FF UI fonts
to be a good size to start with.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/