[kde-linux] Moved my 3.4.3--minor problem

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Nov 16 15:33:14 UTC 2005

I moved my konstructed 3.4.3 from my home directory (drive getting full)
to /usr/local and changed /etc/profile and /etc/ld.so.conf accordingly. All
works fine except:

Kmail Help dropdonw has two (count 'em) Kmail introduction entries instead of
the usual.
Konqueror main menubar and toolbars messed. Menubar has an extra bookmarks
dropdown at the end the the Help has, you guessed it, two Konqueror
introduction entries. I fixed the toolbar by editing it, applying and all the
extra duplicated entries went away as well. I do not have such options for
the menubar.
The "sound system" crashes out on start with that sigsvs11 crash. I disabled
it meanwhile.

Most other stuff seems just fine. This 3.4.3 is "mixed" since kmail and
konqueror and others are run off /usr/bin. Worked fine before the move. How
might I fix it up?

(May be a mute issue if the 3.5rc1 ever finishes building :-) This is a
complete installation so maybe I can get rid of the "mix".)