[kde-linux] FAQ: How to upload via anon ftp in Konqueror?

Jim Osborn jimo at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 15 20:19:47 UTC 2005

The Help->Ftp for Konqueror (KDE 3.4.0) says:
   "With FTP you can see files and folders on the distant computer
   just as if they were on your own system, download them onto your
   computer using Konqueror's normal Copy and Paste or Drag n' Drop
   methods and, if allowed, upload files from your machine to the
   other computer's filesystem."

I just tried (by typing the URL into Konqueror) to upload to my ftp
input directory and got a read-error message:
   "An error occurred while loading ftp://...<my incoming directory>:
   Could not read <my incoming directory>."
No surprize there since, in the customary fashion, that directory is
publicly write-only,

But I don't see any method to tell Konqueror to upload to that directory.
File->Send file... simply pops up a terminal email session.

Is it really possible to upload via Konqueror?  I can put files there
via anon ftp in a Xterm, but I'd like to know if it's possible via browser.

TIA,

Jim