[kde-linux] globally using an input method engine

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Nov 3 13:46:52 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 14:30, Joe Friedrichsen wrote:

> What is the best way to set these environment variables when KDE
> launches an application? The Control Center (Regional and Accessibility)
> area seems to be the best place, but I don't know if it gets this specific.

One possible option is to affect the whole KDE environment by putting export
statements for those variables in a file read by the KDE startup script
(for example files with .sh extension in ~/.kde/env)

Another possibility would be to write a script that sets the variables and
then starts the application and have the menu entry point to this script.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>