[kde-linux] amarok is crashing hard

James White james at resolutionit.ca
Wed Nov 2 12:24:10 UTC 2005

On November 1, 2005 09:20 pm, Mark Longridge wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just compiled amarok for kde 3.4.2 and
> it looks really interesting. Unfortunately
> it is crashing on me quite a lot and it
> brings the xserver down with it.
>
> I grepped for "amarok" in every file in /var/log
> and no matches. Anyone have any ideas what
> could cause this? I used konstruct to compile
> it.

As a troubleshooting step, can you see the same behaviour if you are using
xmms or another player?  I don't know enough to follow this through to the
end.. but this one step might save you some time.

--
James White

"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs."
     -- Robert Firth