[kde-linux] Repeat request: Getting 3.4 to save style

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 31 12:58:49 UTC 2005

>This is usually due to configuration file incompatibilities between kde
>versions.

>Try logging out of X, renaming your ~/.kde directory to ~/.oldkde and
>restarting X.

There is too mucn stuff in ~/.kde. I guess I would need to copy back the
share, apps stuff. What specifically needs be touched here. Maybe I need
rename one or two subdirectories.

Debian upgrades have not required this but have had their share of foibles as
well. I did the "konstruct" installation because the kmail had stopped
working and it was not being fixed. 4.3.1 had a problem with Berkeley DB,
4.3.2 has a problem with Xinerama--these are suposed to be "stable".