[kde-linux] kde and OpenSSL errors

Sean Turnbull sean at sean-turnbull.ph.rmit.edu.au
Thu Jul 28 03:48:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> On Saturday 23 July 2005 04:51, Sean Turnbull wrote:
> > hi all,
> > I am receiving this error when running kopete using MSN.
> >
> > kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary:
> > /usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol: PKCS7_content_free
> > kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary:
> > /usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol:
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary:
> > /usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol:
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary:
> > /usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol:
> > OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
> >
> > I upgraded to kde 3.4.1 from source so am aware of the new login mechanism.
> > I have rh9 and openssl 0.9.7g from source.
>
> Maybe you need a different version of openssl. For some reason the openssl
> developers change their API even during patchlevel releases.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I tried compiling with the openssl-0.9.7g and 0.9.7e versions and both
libcrypt.a and *.so files don't have the OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms in
them. They do have though the OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers symbol. I checked
this with the nm tool. My kde from version 3 up till now used to compile
fine before I did something strange.
I have the openssl-0.9.6b rpm installed also.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sean