[kde-linux] How to logoff KDE idle session?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Jul 27 17:07:08 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 18:53, Jonathan Chen (jonachen) wrote:

> So I would like something to automatically logoff the person who has
> been idling for 3 dyas or so and free up his hold of the license.
>
> Another person from FreeNX told me to do action below and I am not sure
> if that's the best way.  If it is, I'm not 100% how to implement yet...

I think a replacement for the screen lock isn't a good idea, users are likely
to use that functionality themselves.

But you could, in a cron job, check the idle time, for example the output of
who -u, and then call the dcop command using the command's --user option.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>