[kde-linux] Netscape plugins not working in konqueror 3.3.2

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jul 24 12:03:14 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 21:22, John Hunt wrote:
> On Friday 22 Jul 2005 19:51, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> Just reading through the recent messages, I wonder if it is having both
> mozilla-mplayer and kmplayer installed that stops both of them working?  I
> have only kmplayer; it works. Polywog had mozilla-mplayer which broke when
> he installed kmplayer.  Anne had both installed, kmplayer would not work.
> Anne and I use the same distro - Mandriva 2005.

I supect something like this as well.
For example my setup does not have any kind of real player or mozilla-mplayer
plugin installed, it is just using mplayer for everything.

But I admit that I have the advantage of not needing any mozilla plugin as I
use Firefox only when sites are so broken that they require either IE or
Firefox.

If you use Firefox and Konqueror really simultaniously it might be possible to
remove the mplayer Mozilla plugin from Konqueror's Netscape-plugin settings
to achieve the same effect as it not being installed.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>