[kde-linux] Netscape plugins not working in konqueror 3.3.2

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Fri Jul 22 20:37:49 UTC 2005

On 07/22/2005 06:51 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 22 Jul 2005 19:09, Pollywog wrote:
> > I removed kmplayer plugin and things now work again :)
> > When I use Konqueror to visit the BBC URL, RealPlayer comes up and plays
> > the content.  With Opera and Firefox, another app (mplayer plugin IIRC)
> > plays the same content.
>
> I've removed mplayer, but nothing's changed.  I can still listen via the
> stand-alone realplayer, but that's all.

mplayer is not the problem, kmplayer was a problem on my system.  I removed
kmplayer but left mplayer and the mozilla-mplayer plugin installed.

On Konqueror, I can only listen to the BBC content via realplayer.  With the
other two browsers (Opera and Firefox), I can list to almost anything and
they use mplayer.  I only have this problem with Konqueror.  It would seem I
am experiencing the same difficulty as you are, with Konqueror.  How about
Firefox and Opera, do those work for you?  If not, you might try installing
mozplugger.

8)