[kde-linux] Why can't KDE 3.3.2 leave my desktop icons alone?

Jessica Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Sat Jul 23 06:26:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:08, Eike Lantzsch wrote:

> So why can't KDE leave my "!&%$ยง&$ desktop icon alone and leave them stay
> put where I left them?!

Basically, because there is a very nasty bug caused by lack of proper
awareness between kicker and kdesktop. You can work around it by selecting
the option to allow windows to cover the panel. This stops interaction
between kicker & kdesktop pushing your icons around. It probably will still
be there in KDE 3.5, but KDE 4 plans to abolish it utterly by tighter
integration and communication between desktop components.

Wish I had a better answer for you!

Regards,
--
Jes Hall

KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/faq/index.html

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");