[kde-linux] Konqueror won't execute "ssh-add"

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Fri Jul 22 20:52:30 UTC 2005

Matt Seitz wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
>
>> Perhaps it can't detect that it should be running in X11 mode and is
>> executing the console mode.
>

> Is there any way I can verify that?

You were absolutely right.  I finally noticed a note on the ssh-add man page.
It suggested that ssh-add might not detect that it needed to run in X11 mode
unless you redirected input from /dev/null.  I modified my .desktop file to add
"</dev/null" to the command line.  Now when I double-click the .desktop file,
ssh-add gives me the X11 prompt.

Here is a copy of the .desktop file that worked.  Thanks for your help.

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=
Comment[en_US]=
Encoding=UTF-8