[kde-linux] Kscd mis-behaving

roach robert_spencer at mighty.co.za
Fri Jul 22 19:41:35 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 18:30, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
<...>
> I've gone into the KDE control center and browsed through all audio file
> associations and set any types I recognize (ogg, mp4, mp4, etc) to use xine.
> Although I don't see kscd listed in any of them, mostly the audio types
> are/were tied to Noatun
<...>

You wouldn't find an association as it is a built in association. I've had
some strange behaviour in the past that was fixed by deleting my own
associations in my home directory, thus reinstating the defaults.

> I even tried to remove kscd but it's obviously part of some other package
> because "rpm-qa | grep -i kscd" returns nothing.
<...>

rpm-qa
bash: rpm-qa: command not found

No wonder it doesn't work.

"find" would have told you where it is.

rpm -qf /opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/kscd
kdemultimedia3-CD-3.3.0-13

It seems to be relatively safe just to remove kdemultimedia3-CD.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg