[kde-linux] Kscd mis-behaving

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Fri Jul 22 16:30:16 UTC 2005

Hi List;

I have installed FC4, and subsequently installed xine. I like to use xine to
play music CD's however as long as there is a music CD in the drive kscd
keeps self-starting over and over and over again.

I've gone into the KDE control center and browsed through all audio file
associations and set any types I recognize (ogg, mp4, mp4, etc) to use xine.
Although I don't see kscd listed in any of them, mostly the audio types
are/were tied to Noatun

I even tried to remove kscd but it's obviously part of some other package
because "rpm-qa | grep -i kscd" returns nothing.

Please help.. how can I beat kscd into submission ?