[kde-linux] scanner installation

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Thu Jul 21 17:00:21 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 18:08, the famous Stefan Fuhrmann scribbeled on a
piece of electronic paper:
> okay, it seems that I need a driver for the scsi-card. But I don'
> understand this, cause on the sane webite it is a supported scanner.
> The scsi-card is a DTC-3181E.
> I looked here:
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/mustek-backend/#SCSI
> and doing the modprobe command how it is discribed on this website. When I
> do this the whole system is frozen then.
> And I can't find  a driver for this card.

this sounds like a resource conflict (IO address or IRQ).
if the driver isn't here, modprobe gives a 'driver not found' error.
do you have other isa cards in your box ?
if so, check settings/jumpers.

werner