[kde-linux] Choice of RealAudio plugin and application in Konqueror - BIG PROBLEM

John Hunt john.kde at yoredale.uklinux.net
Fri Jul 15 15:13:23 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 Jul 2005 09:18, Anne Wilson wrote:
> John - I think there is a big problem here.  After further investigation
> I find that some broadcasts are in .ram format, and it's easy to get them
> playing, but others have the suffix .rpm - which is configured to use
> Software Installer.

In Mozilla-firefox, the .rpm's (eg at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/makinghistory )
caused a prompt to install a missing plugin. This went away when I
installed RealPlayer 10, and the plugin works well. However, on my system
konqueror uses a kaffeine plugin, both before and after I installed
RealPlayer 10.

  John Hunt, Stokesley, N Yorks, UK, http://www.yoredale.uklinux.net/