[kde-linux] Can you launch URL from message received in Kmail?

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Fri Jul 15 09:07:40 UTC 2005

Dear friends:

[Using Debian 3.1 with Kmail 1.7.2]

When I click on any URL in my email, it will NOT launch a web browser, any web
browser. Not Konqueror, not Firefox, not Epiphany. I've changed the settings
under both KDE's Components, Components Choice and in File Associations
(html), but Kmail will not launch the browser. Or rather it tries to launch
it, but the web browser just spins in the taskbar and never gets off the
ground. Please see screenshot at:

http://www.websher.net/temp/openURL.jpg

On the other hand, Evolution and Thunderbird have no problem whatsoever in
launching the browser. What could be happening and is there a solution?

Thank you for your understanding.

Benjamin