[kde-linux] Fan runs continuously

Gregg Morris gremorris at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 18:51:19 UTC 2005

Hello--
I'm running SuSE 9.2 Pro on a Toshiba Satellite 2805-S402 (P-III
850MHz, 256M Ram) laptop. When using KDE as my window manager, the
laptop's fan runs continuously. If I use another window manager, like
WindowMaker or FVWM, the fan behaves as I expect it to (cycling on and
off periodically).
Can anyone suggest how I might debug this? I thought about just
killing KDE processes one by one, but that seems way too brute force!
Can I try something a little more intelligent than that?
Thanks!
Gregg