[kde-linux] Strange Konqueror Problem

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 14:50:27 UTC 2005

Konqueror 3.4.0/KDE 3.4.o level "b"/SuSE 9.3

If I attempt to change to a subdirectory, or open a file, I get a 'Can't open
directory <name>' error.  However I can open a directory by right clicking on
the directory and selecting Open in a new window.

Browsing the net, however, Konqueror doesn't demonestrate this behavior.

This isn't a serious problem as I prefer Krusader as a file manager and
Netscape as a browser.  It is, rather, somewhat perplexing.

What is going on, or more importantly, how do I fix it.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.				               Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry					Stochastic and multivariant