[kde-linux] locking the keyboard and mouse but allowing apps to continue to update screen

Kevin Stewart kevins at callplus.co.nz
Tue Dec 20 22:52:37 UTC 2005

I am looking for a way to lock the keyboard and mouse on a box running
KDE but allow apps such as firefox
to update the screen.
we would like to be able to have nagios open to view alarms but not have
anybody walk up and play with the box

I have tryed striping out the drawing code from a screensaver. This
leaves desktop visable but it stops updating.

any ideas?

--
Kevin Stewart

Network Engineer
DDI ++ 64 9 919 6120
Mobile ++ 64 21 885 505
Email kevins at callplus.co.nz

This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message and any attachments.