[kde-linux] how to troubleshoot browser - http

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at pcmagic.net
Wed Dec 7 03:43:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 23:39 -0800, Robert wrote:
> Hello
>
> All my browsers stopped working today: they cannot access any web site when
> I type http://a_asite.
> I verified that my connection works using host -a  or ping.
> I tried to go online with Konqueror and I get the same result: "Unknown
> Host. an error occured while loading http://www.google.com".
>
> There is something wrong in a component between kde and the http connection.
> Any idea of where to start to troubleshoot?

Reading your mail and the others I smell bad dns.  My isp was having the
same problems could not get mail either.  I went to the library and
googled for other dns numbers to use.  Using those from another isp
solved the problem.  I could not even wget.  Nothing resolved in any
browser.  Since the change the problem resolved.

--
Carl Spitzer <cwsiv at pcmagic.net>