[kde-linux] making shell file clickable : Solved

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Mon Dec 5 18:03:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 17:19, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Are you sure that $HOME/lib is correct and that $HOME/script.txt isn't
> created as expected?
I feel so ashamed, $HOME/script.txt  was created and I was looking in the
folder where test_shell_launcher.sh was.
(snip)
> Started inside $HOME?
>
> Lets assume the application is not installed in $HOME as the script
> currently suggest.
> Lets also assume I didn't write that the script will be executed with $HOME
> being the working directory.
(snip)
>  	#!/bin/sh
>  	SUDOKUDIR=`dirname $0`
>  	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SUDOKUDIR/lib
>  	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>  	$SUKODUDIR/bin/sudoku

I now have :
	#!/bin/sh
	SUDOKUDIR=`dirname $0`
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SUDOKUDIR/lib
	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
	$SUDOKUDIR/sudoku
and it does what I wanted

Thanks a lot                      Perry

P.S.  I wrote that sudoku program with Qt4.0.1 open source (about 2300 lines
of code) and tried on linux and M$ (don't have a Mac)
It helps you solve a 9 by 9 sudoku or does it automatically, using numerous
deterministic algorithms (what's the use ? ;-)   ).
It can also explore all the possibilities for a "diabolical" sudoku.
About ready to "ship", biggest problem is perhaps to send the 6.5Mb libraries
if you don't have Qt4.0.1
Willing to share with any one interested.