[kde-linux] making shell file clickable

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Dec 5 16:19:11 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 17:11, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> > Can you attach the script?
> > Maybe you are assuming something like PATH including a certain directory
> > added to it in .bashrc, etc
>
> Here it is:
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	echo "script started" >> script.txt
> 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib
> 	export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> 	./sudoku

Are you sure that $HOME/lib is correct and that $HOME/script.txt isn't created
as expected?

> To sum it up issuing from a shell: "./test_shell_launcher.sh"
> creates the file script.txt and causes a sudoku grid to appear on the
> screen.

Started inside $HOME?

Lets assume the application is not installed in $HOME as the script currently
suggest.
Lets also assume I didn't write that the script will be executed with $HOME
being the working directory.

Instead lets assume that sudoku is installed in /opt/sudoku
and /opt/sudoku/bin includes the sudoku binary and /opt/sudoku/lib contains
the libraries

 	#!/bin/sh
 	SUDOKUDIR=/opt/sudoku
 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SUDOKUDIR/lib