[kde-linux] Non-functioning video tools in Mandrake

Christophe Gaubert christophe-gaubert at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 5 10:55:50 UTC 2005

Le 05/12/05, Pratap Codadu <pratap.codadu at gmail.com> a écrit :

>         I am a recent convert to Linux. I run Mandrake 10.1 with Kde.
> Recently I reinstalled the OS to find  none of the video tools
> working. I installed Kaffeine, Mplayer, Xine and even Totem Player
> (both on Gnome as well as on Kde). But none worked. They open but do
> not play. Though audio is played.

You should go to :
http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
and follow the instructions to add sources of RPMs (especially
'plf-free', 'plf-nonfree', and of course 'update').

Then you can install codecs and libraries needed to read videos and
DVD. Among the RPM descriptions in rpmdrake, you can search 'codec' and
'dvd'.

--
Christophe Gaubert
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/christophe.gaubert