[kde-linux] Non-functioning video tools in Mandrake

Pratap Codadu pratap.codadu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:22:19 UTC 2005

Hello every one,

        I am a recent convert to Linux. I run Mandrake 10.1 with Kde.
Recently I reinstalled the OS to find  none of the video tools working.
I installed Kaffeine, Mplayer, Xine and even Totem Player (both on Gnome as
well as on Kde). But none worked. They open but do not play. Though audio is
played.  For Mplayer, I laboriously tried all the video codecs but to no
avail. Can any one point out where the problem lies?  And how to go about
troubleshooting?  Before reinstallation, one or the other used to work off
and on. In fact, I tried to rectify it by reinstalling. But lost even the
little functioning!

- Pratap