[kde-linux] making shell file clickable

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Dec 4 17:50:49 UTC 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 18:45, Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I can type in a shell : "./shell_launcher" and have that script set and
> export library path, then execute a program, but...
> Is there a *simple* way to execute that file by clicking on it (instead of
> it displaying its text)

If the script is executable it should also be executed when being clicked on.

Try creating a "link to application" icon on the desktop pointing to the
script.

However, there are a couple if things you should be aware of:
- the script's working directory will be $HOME by default
- the environment might differ as a shell in Konsole reads additional shell
configuration files due to being an interactive shell

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>