[kde-linux] dbus-launch in KDE

Sagara Wijetunga sagaralists at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 02:07:52 UTC 2005

--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:

> I am not aware of any restrictions on the kind of
> application autostart can
> launch.
>
> Maybe it exited because it encountered an error. Did
> you get any logs?
> Does it start if you run it manually from a shell?

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply.

I ran a small bash script from .desktop file which
contains following code:

if [ -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" ]; then
   eval `/usr/bin/dbus-launch --auto-syntax
--exit-with-session`
fi

The --exit-with-session says close the dbus-launch
once session is closed.

When I run the bash script manually using Konsole, the
dbus-launch daemon is available till the Konsole is
closed. The moment the Knsole is closed dbus-launch
daemon is also automatically closed.

Regarding logs, sadly no entry in logs at all.

Sagara