[kde-linux] Mime file-types missing complaints from konqueror

Guy Zelck guy.zelck at tiscali.be
Sat Dec 3 11:34:34 UTC 2005

Hello KDE users,

My setup got slightly fucked up after installing Oxygen (java xml editor).
I don't know what it dit but everytime I start up konqueror it shows me
popups complaining that :
Can't find mime file-type inode/directory, inode/directory-locked,
inode/blockdevice, inode/chardevice, inode/socket and inode/fifo.
I also noticed that when you open a new tabbed window, the icons to the
left and right of the tab are replaced by the default icon (a white
sheet with bended lower-right corner).
The file-browser part (kfmclient openProfile filemanagement) won't even
show the directory contents anymore.
I re-defined these mime-types in $HOME/.profile/share/mimelnk/kdedevice
again but it does not help.
Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks,
Guy.