[kde-linux] a question about KDE 3.5

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat Dec 3 11:27:19 UTC 2005

On Samstag, 3. Dezember 2005 11:39, the famous Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT scribbeled
on a piece of electronic paper:
> hi Werner.
> i installed all the packages listed on : http://www.kde.org/info/3.5.php
> but dont know in which order start to compile :(

ok,
so you have downloaded the source-packages, NOT installed anything (otherwise
you would not need to compile)

> is there a well-prepared howto,that you know, for a newbie [its' me] how to
> install kde3.5 on my system ?

follow the same advice that I gave just some minutes ago on the list - go to
http://developer.kde.org/build/konstruct/
and follow the instructions there.
be prepared that the whole process will take a LONG time, unless you have a
really fast machine !
and please post questions to the list, others may have the same and be
interested, too.

werner